Monday, November 22, 2010

Oxidation is fancy talk for rust

This weekend has been so great. I watched Season 6 of The Office on Netflix. All of season 6. I was very busy. But anyways...back further than that. Harry Potter was so fantastic, better than what I've come to expect out of the movies. I  like all the movies, but don't think that they're feats of moviemaking and I always compare to the books too much, so they pale in comparison. But the seventh movie (part 1) is hands down the best of the series. I think it's because it's only the first half of the book. All the things they have to leave out that leave the story or the characters underdeveloped, they got to keep. I'm so excited for the next movie, because it's going to be non stop action. There's a little bit for the beginning and such, but most of it is going to be the Battle and I am so excited. Beyond belief.
I'm also excited for the end of the semester. It's been great, but I always start hating homework and getting so lazy and unmmotivated. I have done so little homework in the past 4 days. I did a little 2-page thing for a class and edited my big ICS paper a little, but that's all. I've also only done 2 of the 13 hours of work I'm supposed to have done by the end of the week. Instead...I watched The Office. And then more of The Office. And it was so fantastic. I've been working on so much the last couple of weeks that I needed the break. And then the fact that I only have 2 days of class, and only 1 class on eac day this week just maes it harder. Charlotte and I are driving home Tuesday night, which reminds me...

My plans for Thanksgiving:
Wednesday: Harry Potter IMAX at 7:30 (Sorry college group...family plans come first.)
Thursday: Eat way way too much food
Friday: wake up unhumanly early, go shopping with my dad, Chris, and Allyson, take a nap, go to Randy's house to hang out with Becky and antagonize Randy (and celebrate that they're engaged now!). Friday is going to be a great day.
Saturday: write my social work term paper (8-10 pages). Blech. If anyone wants to hang out, I am definitely up for it.
Sunday: hang out, be lazy, finish my paper if needed.
Monday: leave to go home! then go to class.

I like going home. I sleep so much better in my bed. PLUS, my house is way warmer than my apartment. The heat in our apartment hasn't been working so my roommates have also been pretty cold. I think it's funny because I don't really notice a huge difference. I'm as cold as I've been all semester long, so I don't really notice a huge difference. Oh, I'm also registered for next semester (almost). I'm going to be taking Intrcultural Communication, Social Work Internship, Flexibility and Core Training, Theology of Mission, and Intro to Ethics. I finished my CE requirements this semester. I'll only have 12 units, which will be good since I have to have an internship. I'm planning on talking to my boss at the cafe to get more hours or work at one of the coffee shops on-campus. That'll be great. Well, my class is starting now, so that's all.

Vaya con Dios!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hang out on Saturday! You want to come to Minnesota, or should I drive to Arizona for the day? :-P Miss you! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

PS. That last comment was from Tia! I forgot to sign my name and I don't have an account... oops!